French interpreter and composer born on May, 29th 1966. Eric Gautier started studying classical guitar, electric and bass guitar on his own at 16 years old.
Four years later, he entered the Evry conservatory of music where he was awarded the 1st price of soloist and chamber music in 1991, then he entered the conservatory of Paris XII with G. Verba (price in 1993) and the conservatory of music in Montreuil with W. Hoogewerf (1st price in 1997).
He went on masterclasses with B. Davezac, R. Dyens, E. Isaac, R. Aussel, A. Dumont, T. Chagnot, P. Lemaigre, M.T Ghirardi, F. Kleynjans and A. Miteran.
In 1993, he obtained the National Diploma of professor of guitar.
of compositions with M. Gonet at UMIP, Paris and with M. Laborie and E. Ducreux at conservatory of Evry (1986-93)
of pedagogy with L. Lautrec (obtention of CAPA degree in 1990)
of musician health with Médecine des Arts (2007 and 2009)
and he deepened his knowledge on new computing technologies (edition, sound mixing, graphics)
Along with his instrumental studies, he attended classes:
Since 1988, he performed several concerts:
- as a soloist (2CD Romances 2011)
- in a Duet and Trio (guitar, tranverse flute, whistle flute, violin, piano, cello, harpsichord, voice, clarinet, sax, percussion, dance...), including more recently the duet Les Discordes with violin (1CD-2008)
- in quartet with “ Vertigo Tango ”, violin, clarinet, piano and guitar (1CD-2001)
- in quintet (guitar and string quartet), especially the wedding show in Paris Champerret (2009)
- in Ensemble including “ Le carnaval des animaux ” of C. St Saëns (2003, 2006, 2011) as a bassist
- with the National Orchestra of France, “ Hommage to L. Bernstein ”, dir Y. Sado (2001)
- with bands of rock and pop music (Barouf, Khat, Paris B’vard... 5CD)
He records the electric guitar for artists and editors, and recently he collaborated to two Methods for P. Beuscher (easy Bass and Drums 2012).
He likes investigating new sounds and instruments and he learnt mandolin, the baroc guitar, the percussions, the drums and everything producing sounds.
He has been teaching the guitars and music for 23 years (today at the conservatory of Plessis Paté in Essonne). He is conducting and arranging several works of music for different instrumental ensembles. He published a Reminder of improvisation applied to the guitar and a summary of improvisation (1995-98).
He is Author, Composer, Arranger, and SACEM member. He composed more than 60 pieces of music (original music of video documentary CD2 n°6, songs, instrumental music... )
Methods for Beuscher edition
A CD for duet Guitar-Cello
Thesis for Art Medecine on the guitaristic postures
Practice of the martial arts
Self-making of customized music-stand for table
copyright 2012 Eric Gautier | Webmaster: ML